Winter Pavlova Wreath
This beautiful pavlova wreath is topped with cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, fresh rosemary and a light dusting of icing sugar. A great dessert for any Christmas table.
Ingredients for the pavlova
- 500ml Two Chicks egg whites
- 350g caster sugar
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp cornflour
Ingredients for the filling
- 600ml double cream
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 50g icing sugar sifted
Ingredients for the decoration
- Winter berries: blackberries, cranberries, raspberries (300g)
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 140°C, fan 120°C.
- Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking parchment.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites and gradually add the sugar, whisking well until they are stiff and glossy.
- Mix the vinegar and cornflour in a cup until smooth, then stir into the egg whites.
- Add a circular bowl to the middle of the baking parchment.
- Spoon or pipe the meringue around it so that once you remove it, it will be a ring shape like a wreath.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour until the outside is hard but still white.
- Turn the oven off and leave the pavlova inside for an hour or overnight to cool and dry.
- To assemble, whip the cream, vanilla paste and icing sugar until stiff peaks form when the whisk is removed.
- Spoon the cream on top of the pavlova.
- Add berries, a few rosemary stems, and dust with icing sugar.