Gluten-Free Christmas Tree Meringues
Wow family and friends with these beautiful Christmas tree meringues, the perfect sweet treat for your nearest and dearest.
- Preheat the oven to 120°C / fan 100°C and line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites with a hand-held mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add half the sugar, 1-2 tbsp at a time, whisking well.
- Mix in the green food colouring, and the remaining sugar. Whisk until stiff peaks form and the meringue should look smooth and glossy.
- Spoon the meringue into a large piping bag fitted with a star nozzle. Pipe Christmas tree shapes onto the lined baking trays.
- Sprinkle over your sugar balls and bake for 1 hour until the outside is firm.
- Leave the meringues inside the oven to cool for an hour – this will prevent them from cracking as they cool.