Gingerbread Spiced Pancakes
For a special festive breakfast, whip up a batch of these fluffy, spiced pancakes with cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
Makes enough pancakes for 2-3 servings
- 60ml Two Chicks egg whites
- 150g oat milk (or your milk of choice)
- 2 tbsp black treacle
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of allspice
- Cranberries to decorate
- Gingerbread man biscuits to decorate (optional)
- Blend all of the ingredients (excluding the egg whites) until smooth.
- Let the batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and glossy in another bowl.
- Gently fold the egg white into the pancake batter.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large, non-stick pan over a medium heat and ladle 2-3 small rounds into the pan. Cook for 1-2 mins until bubbles start to appear on the surface, then flip over and cook for a further 1 minute until fluffy.
- Serve in a stack and decorate with cranberries, powdered sugar and gingerbread men.