Salted Dark Chocolate Mousse with Kahlúa Cream
An irresistibly rich and indulgent chocolate mousse with a Kahlúa-spiked cream topping. Not for the faint hearted!
Makes 3 generous mousses
Ingredients (for the mousse)
- 160g Two Chicks egg whites
- 160g dark chocolate
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp double cream
- Pinch sea salt
For the Kahlua Cream
- 100ml double cream
- 1-2 tbsp Kahlúa liqueur
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Melt dark chocolate over a bain-marie and set aside to cool a little.
- Whist you wait for the chocolate to cool, whip egg whites until firm peaks are just formed (using a stand mixer or by hand)
- Once the chocolate has cooled, carefully stir in the double cream, maple syrup and sea salt then beat in a 1/3 of the whipped egg whites.
- Carefully fold in the rest of the egg whites, ensuring not to knock out any air, until combined.
- Pour or pipe into serving containers and pop into the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Before serving, make the Kahlúa cream by combining all ingredients and whipping until firm. Pour over the mousse and enjoy!