Autumn Berry Pavlova
An autumnal twist on this classic dessert topped with seasonal fruit such as figs, cranberries and raspberries.
- 200ml Two Chicks egg white
- 250g caster sugar
- 200ml double cream
- Handful of cranberries
- A few figs chopped
- Handful of raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 140°C, fan / 160°C, oven. Line a baking sheet with non-stick baking parchment and draw a 25cm (10 inch) circle on it.
- In a large grease-free bowl and using a hand-held electric whisk, whip the two chicks egg white until it holds its shape. Gradually add the sugar, whisking well until stiff and glossy.
- Spread the meringue in an even layer over the marked out circle.
- Bake in the oven for 2-3 hours. The meringue is dried out rather than cooked at this low temperature. Cool completely.
- Whip the cream until it holds its shape. Spread on top of the meringue. Arrange the fruit on top. Serve.