Spiced Cocktail Nuts
Devilishly moreish, we love these with cold beers or cocktails. But be warned, you might want to make extra.
For a large bowl to share:
- 40g Two Chicks egg whites
- 25g chia seeds
- 50g each of pecans, shelled almonds, macadamia and cashews.
- 1tsp fine sea salt
- 2tsp white sugar
- 1tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 140°C, fan / 160°C, oven.
- In a small bowl combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper and spray with vegetable cooking spray, alternatively cook on a silicone baking sheet.
- In a clean glass bowl, whisk the egg white until frothy. Tip the nuts into the bowl and sprinkle over 3/4 of the spice mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the baking tray in a single layer with the nuts close together. Sprinkle the remaining spice blend over the top. Place in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and using a spatula remove them from the sheet.
- Once cool enough to handle break into pieces and serve immediently.