Ham, Courgette and Cheddar Crustless Quiches
These clever little low fat crustless quiches use thin slices of ham to line muffin tins, then they are filled with two chicks egg white, grated courgette, chopped tomato and a little grated Cheddar. They’re perfect for starters, snacks, light lunches and picnics.
- Olive oil
- 12 thin slices roast ham
- 200g Two Chicks egg whites
- 1 courgette, grated
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme or parsley
- 50g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4. Use a little vegetable oil to grease 6 ‘holes’ of a muffin tin.
- Use 2 slices of ham to line each greased muffin section, pushing them in carefully to avoid breaking them.
- Beat the Two Chicks liquid egg white lightly, then add the courgette, spring onions, tomato, thyme or parsley and grated cheese. Season with a little salt and pepper and mix well.
- Spoon into the ham cases, then bake for 15-20 minutes until set. Serve warm or cold.