Asian Style Omelette Wraps
Full of fresh and crisp tastes and textures, we especially like this at lunchtime. Substitute the salmon for crab, chickpeas or tofu if you fancy.
For the omelette wraps:
- 160g Two Chicks egg whites
- 50g rice noodles made up as per the pack instructions, drained and dried on kitchen paper
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped chives
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- Juice of one juicy lime
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1tbsp cold water
- 150g smoked salmon fillets, flaked
- Cucumber, shaved lengthways
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Small handful sprouted greens
- Small handful of Thai holy basil and coriander
- 2 tbsp toasted cashew pieces
- 1/2 fennel bulb, finely shaved and mixed with juice of 1/2 lime and a sprinkle of sea salt
- Into a non stick pan add the butter and oil on a medium heat.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and stir with a fork, set aside.
- Add to each of the bowls of egg white half of the chives and half of the noodles with a sprinkle of sea salt. Stir gently to combine - keep the mixture as un-frothy as possible.
- Pour the egg and noodle mixture from one bowl into the pan once the butter has melted and is at temperature, swirling the pan to coat the base.
- Cook for 3 minutes then using two spatulas, one at either side, carefully flip the omelette over and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Slide the omelette out onto a plate and repeat with the second bowl of mixture. Assemble on the plate starting with the cucumber, fennel, salmon and finally the herbs, spring onions and nuts.
- Add the dressing to the side for pouring over or for dipping into.