Salmon Pancake Rolls with Cream Cheese and Herbs
These smoked salmon pancake rolls make a delicious savoury alternative to sweet pancake recipes. Take any leftover rolls to school or work the next day.
Ingredients for 16 servings:
For the pancakes:
1 cup plain flour
120g Two Chicks free range liquid egg whites
1 cup of milk of your choice
4 tbsp finely chopped mixed herbs
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Pinch of salt
For the filling:
225g cream cheese
225g smoked salmon, thinly sliced
1 handful red salad leaves
1. For the pancakes: sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the Two Chicks egg whites and beat well.
2. Add half of the milk and beat until smooth. Stir in the remaining milk and the herbs until blended.
3. Lightly oil a pancake or frying pan on a medium heat. Add enough batter to coat the base. Cook until set and lightly golden, then turn over and cook for another 50 seconds. Remove from the pan and repeat with the remaining batter, greasing the pan between each pancake.
4. Slide the cooked pancakes onto a plate, layering up the pancakes with non-stick baking paper, so they don't stick together. Leave to cool completely.
5. Spread the cream cheese on the pancakes and using cling film, roll the pancakes up tightly like a Swiss roll. Wrap tightly in cling film and chill for 30 minutes.
6. Cut into slices. Roll up the salmon slices and place on top of the pancake slices. Garnish with red salad.