Veggie Frittata Traybake
Served hot with a salad or cold in lunch boxes, this flavourful frittata is super flexible and makes the oven do all the work.
- 600g Two Chicks egg whites
- 6 heaped tbsp finely cut chives
- 120g pitted black olives
- 210g grated mozzarella
- 150g drained / thawed sweetcorn
- 1.5tsp fine sea salt
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan / 220°C, oven.
- Line the base and two opposing sides of a 20cm x 30cm baking tin with a single sheet of greaseproof paper (so the frittata can be lifted out later) and spray or brush with oil to avoid the egg white sticking.
- In another roasting tin place the squash and lightly spray, then bake for 20 minutes, turning once.
- Whilst the squash is cooking, mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl (apart from the mozzarella) and stir together.
- Remove the butternut squash from the oven and change the temperature to 180°C, fan / 200°C, oven. Add the squash to the egg mix, stir to combine and pour into the lined baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella and place into the oven for 35-40 minutes until the middle of the frittata is set.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes then carefully lift out onto a cooling rack, and leave there for another 5 minutes (if eating hot).