Skinny Frozen Eton Mess
For this recipe you can make meringues using Two Chicks free range liquid egg white in advance and save some leftovers to make this lovely frozen dessert
- 200ml Two Chicks egg whites
- 250g caster sugar
- 100g raspberries
- 100g strawberries, halved
- 400g low fat vanilla yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 140°C, fan / 160°C, oven.
- Line two baking sheets with non-stick baking parchment.
- In a large grease-free bowl and using a hand-held electric whisk, whip the two chicks egg white until it holds its shape. Gradually add the sugar, whisking well until stiff and glossy.
- Spoon or pipe the meringue into 8 nests on the baking sheets.
- Bake in the oven for 2-3 hours. The meringue is dried out rather than cooked at this low temperature. Cool completely.
- Lightly crush 4 meringues. Reserve a few berries for decoration, then lightly crush the remainder and mix with the vanilla yogurt and crushed meringues.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer container, cover and freeze for 4-6 hours, or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving.
- Scoop into bowls and serve with the reserved fruit.