Tropical Fruit Pavlova
This delicious summer dessert is sunshine on a plate. It's guaranteed to be a talking point at your next dinner party.
- 200ml egg white
- 250g caster sugar
- 200ml double cream
- 1 small ripe mango peeled, pitted and sliced
- ½ ripe papaya, peeled, deseeded and sliced
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
- 100g strawberries, halved
- Preheat the oven to 140°C, fan / 160°C, oven. Line a baking sheet with non-stick baking parchment and draw a 25cm (10 inch) circle on it.
- In a large grease-free bowl and using a hand-held electric whisk, whip the two chicks egg white until it holds its shape. Gradually add the sugar, whisking well until stiff and glossy.
- Spread the meringue in an even layer over the marked out circle.
- Bake in the oven for 2-3 hours. The meringue is dried out rather than cooked at this low temperature. Cool completely.
- Whip the cream until it holds its shape. Spread on top of the meringue. Arrange the mango, papaya, kiwi and strawberries on top. Serve.