Lighter Hong-Kong Style Strawberry Pancakes
Our twist on the classic Hong Kong style Mango pancakes using egg whites and Greek yoghurt to make them lighter and higher in protein!
Makes 9 Servings
Ingredients for the pancake batter
- 1 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1 ½ cup Two Chicks egg whites
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 30g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
For the filling
- 200ml oat whipping cream
- 200g Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
16 large strawberries, washed and sliced
- Preheat oven to 200°C, fan / 220°C.
- Add flour, caster sugar and salt in a bowl and make a dip in the centre.
- Pour melted butter and milk into the flour and gently mix together.
- Add egg whites and mix until well combined.
- Heat a medium frying pan and brush with some butter.
- Ladle a spoonful of the batter into the pan, swirling it around.
- Cook for a few minutes on each side and set aside.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- To make the filling, add icing sugar, vanilla, cream and Greek yoghurt into a medium mixing bowl and whisk with an electric mixer.
- Spread a few tablespoons of the filling on each pancake with the help of a spatula. Add the sliced strawberries and roll the pancakes up.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve.