Halloween Meringue Bones
Halloween treats for monsters both little and large.
Makes around 16 (Serves 2 as a snack)
- 115g icing sugar
- 115g caster sugar
- 160g Two Chicks egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 120°C, fan 140°C and line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper or a silicone mat.
- In a mixing bowl (metal or glass) using a hand or stand mixer, beat the egg whites to stiff peak stage.
- Turn the speed up and (1 tbsp at a time) add and incorporate the caster sugar, leaving a few moments between each spoonful so it’s fully combined and doesn’t separate later.
- Once the mix is thick and glossy, sift in a third of the icing sugar, and use a spatula to fold in, do this with the remaining two thirds.
- The mix should look smooth and billowy. Push the meringue into a piping bag with the round nozzle and pipe out the shapes of bones onto the mat.
- Feeling creative? Why not change the nozzle and try some spiderwebs, broomsticks or witches hats.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes, and after an hour reduce the temperature to 100°C, fan 120°C leaving the door open for a few minutes for the temperature to drop.
- Cook for a further 1 hour before removing and leaving to cool.