Chai Spiced Granola
Spiced granola featuring crispy clusters and dried berries that’s great with milk, yogurt, sprinkled over ice cream or as a snack straight out of the jar.
For one jar:
- 40g Two Chicks egg whites
- 270g rolled oats
- 140ml pure maple syrup
- 32ml vegetable oil
- 25g chia seeds
- 60g candied ginger
- 60g coconut shavings, dry toasted in a pan until golden
- 60g dried cherries
- 1.5tsp ground cardamom
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 150°C, fan / 170°C, oven and lightly oil a large baking sheet or cook on a silicone mat.
- Into a large mixing bowl place the oats, maple syrup, chia seeds, oil, ground spices, salt and stir to combine.
- Whisk the egg white in a small bowl until frothy then pour over the mixture and stir everything to combine.
- Pour out onto a baking sheet and spread into an even layer. Bake for around 35-40 minutes until lightly browned and dry. Once ready, remove from the oven and using a spatula remove from the tray and leave in a bowl to cool.
- Once cold, add the ginger, coconut and cherries and stir to combine, then store in an an airtight jar.