Buffalo Cauliflower and Blue Cheese
Serve this as a side and it will quickly become the main event.
Serves 2 as a main
For the cauliflower:
- 160g Two Chicks egg whites
- 350g cauliflower florets, cut into two inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp onion salt
- Veg oil for shallow frying in a high sided pan
For the sauce:
- 200g tinned tomatoes
- 50g Sriracha
- 150g maple syrup or runny honey
- 75g unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp fresh chives
- 75g Gorgonzola, in pieces
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan / 200°C, oven
- Into a blender such as a NutriBullet add the tinned tomatoes, Sriracha, maple/honey and melted butter. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- Bring a fryer or high sided pan of oil to 180°C on the hob.
- In a clean glass bowl add the onion salt and whisk until soft peak stage.
- When the oil is at temperature, dip the forests one by one in the egg mixture and place carefully into the oil. Don’t crowd the pan as they cook, turning them once and removing from the oil when they’re golden - around 5 minutes. Place onto kitchen paper and repeat with all of them until they’re all cooked.
- Place them into a lightly sprayed baking dish close together and cover with the sauce. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and discard the foil, turn the cauliflower florets over and return to the oven for another 15 minutes uncovered.
- Sprinkle with chives and dot the gorgonzola over the top of the hot dish, serve family style at the table.